Hà Nội - Bán hệ thống loa Western electric

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by threshold1906, 21/3/19.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hai_hai

hai_hai Approved Member

chẹp....chẹp......Chúc nhanh bay.....

2. quantic

quantic Advanced Member

Chính xác củ driver Jensen làm cho IPC. IPC không có làm driver speaker bác. Giống driver IPC Lu 1104 chính là Altec 288b làm cho IPC.

3. threshold1906

threshold1906 Advanced Member

One pair of LU-1060 drivers licensed by western electric.Exactly similar to the Jensen XP-101 drivers. These drivers have threaded thoats similar to the western electric 555 drivers.So, these drivers can be used with similar horns like the Western Electric 15 ,22,24 or 25 etc....

The diaphragm material of these drivers is Duraluminium ,Similar to the we555,we594a, we713a,c and lansing 284,285 and 287 drivers.

4. quantic

quantic Advanced Member

Hello, I dont have any specific specs on these drivers, and I have not taken one apart, but I do know that they were made by Jensen for IPC for some of there theatre sound systems. In fact, earlier drivers for a number of the IPC systems were sourced by Jensen, others by Altec I believe. If I am correct the LU-1060 is a large driver with a threaded mount and a dome-shaped rear housing cap. I have heard these on metal Jensen exponential horns with divider vanes still in use in a theatre I do work for. Pretty nice sounding, but I prefer the sound of the Altec 288 on a multicell that we switched over to. It is hard to say what they would be like on different horns, so it may be worth some experimentation. I have seen these up for sale on Ebay from time to time, and I would say they are pretty nice drivers.
    Hope this is of some use.

5. threshold1906

threshold1906 Advanced Member

Bác Quân Đà Lạt đọc kỹ nhé.
    http://www.indoorphin.com/ipc
    I recently acquired this little theater speaker [​IMG] made sometime between 1939-1947 by International Projector Corp (IPC). IPC moved to NJ in '47 so it must be prior to that since everything is marked New York. It's a Shearer MGM Horn 2 way design using a permanent magnet HF driver and a folded horn baffle with 15" woofer. Part numbers include LU-1017 baffle, LU-1060 driver, & LU-1049 horn. I believe the woofer was originally a model LU-1004, but it was replaced probably in the late 70's with the JBL 2205B. The driver terminal posts mount on bakelite insulators and one was broken. I've now repaired that with a new piece of bakelite made from a 20's radio panel in my scrap heap. The original crossover is missing, but there is hope it may yet be found. I've seen pictures and know it was set for 800hz 1st order butterworth. Not too difficult to replicate if need be. Today I wired an 11uf crossover cap in series with the horn and fired it up. It sounds great and I can't wait to get the baffle repairs made and hear it with the woofer going. I got the horn first and then found the baffle out back with the dumpsters! The contractor who removed it for some reason thought it would be a good idea to cut the baffle in several places so I've got some repairs to make, but nothing too serious. Just need some decent weather because it's too big and heavy to get down the stairs to my basement.

I've spent several days reading mid 30's to early 40's copies of the trade journal, "International Projectionist" available at http://www.archive.org. Interesting stuff, particularly the influence movies had on the development of high fidelity audio. The Shearer Horn project was lead by MGM's Doug Shearer (Norma's brother) and Hilliard, Lansing and Stephens all contributed to it's design. The first Shearer horns used field coil drivers like the WE 555. Everything I've found indicates that IPC manufactured this beast under WE, RCA, & ERPI licenses. Even some of the IPC people came from WE after WE exited the movie business. Ebayers and other forums have stated that Jensen made the drivers. I cannot find anything that supports that claim. Anyone have anything on this?I recently acquired this little theater speaker [​IMG] made sometime between 1939-1947 by International Projector Corp (IPC). IPC moved to NJ in '47 so it must be prior to that since everything is marked New York. It's a Shearer MGM Horn 2 way design using a permanent magnet HF driver and a folded horn baffle with 15" woofer. Part numbers include LU-1017 baffle, LU-1060 driver, & LU-1049 horn. I believe the woofer was originally a model LU-1004, but it was replaced probably in the late 70's with the JBL 2205B. The driver terminal posts mount on bakelite insulators and one was broken. I've now repaired that with a new piece of bakelite made from a 20's radio panel in my scrap heap. The original crossover is missing, but there is hope it may yet be found. I've seen pictures and know it was set for 800hz 1st order butterworth. Not too difficult to replicate if need be. Today I wired an 11uf crossover cap in series with the horn and fired it up. It sounds great and I can't wait to get the baffle repairs made and hear it with the woofer going. I got the horn first and then found the baffle out back with the dumpsters! The contractor who removed it for some reason thought it would be a good idea to cut the baffle in several places so I've got some repairs to make, but nothing too serious. Just need some decent weather because it's too big and heavy to get down the stairs to my basement.

I've spent several days reading mid 30's to early 40's copies of the trade journal, "International Projectionist" available at http://www.archive.org. Interesting stuff, particularly the influence movies had on the development of high fidelity audio. The Shearer Horn project was lead by MGM's Doug Shearer (Norma's brother) and Hilliard, Lansing and Stephens all contributed to it's design. The first Shearer horns used field coil drivers like the WE 555. Everything I've found indicates that IPC manufactured this beast under WE, RCA, & ERPI licenses. Even some of the IPC people came from WE after WE exited the movie business. Ebayers and other forums have stated that Jensen made the drivers. I cannot find anything that supports that claim. Anyone have anything on this?

I couldn't let it go to the dump. Maybe later if nobody wants it, but now that it's hear I'm going to listen to it at least once. The 8-cell was IPC's first Shearer horn intro'd 1938 as the 4 Star Sound System and promoted together with their new E7 projector. My 3-cell unit is from their "E" Sound System intro'd in '39 for smaller theaters. I've seen parts of documents from ebay manuals showing both the LU-1000 driver or the LU-1060 driver used on "E" systems. I read somewhere online that the LU-1000 driver shares the exact diaphram with the last version of the 555. Clearly there was a connection to WE.

I know where there's a set of 35mm projectors from the 30's both with WE soundheads. I need a place with 10 acres and I could have my own 1930's drive-in theatre. Adding to your gripe about the archives, v20n1-6 (Jan-Jun) 1924 Talking Machine World is missing from the list?

The entire IPC Simplex system including your 8-cell is here with a technical description a few pages to the left:
    https://archive.org/stream/internationalpro13finn#page/n129/mode/2up

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.